Wheels like Orangatang’s or ABEC11 come in awesome colours like Orange, Purple and even Blue. But sometimes you just want something different, like yellow or Scooby-snack brown. If you want to customise your ride the first thing you should do is dying your wheels.
- Fill up a big stainless steel or glas bowl with water, and bring to a gentle boil (pro tip: use the cooker for faster boiling water);
- Add Rit “Synthetic” dye. Don’t be cheap, use most of the bottle;
- Add about 1 tsp of dish soap, the premium stuff;
- Stir, stir, stir. You can add other colours as well if you want to make something special.
- Keep the wheels underneath the water for about 10 minutes. If they are exposed to air a part of the wheel will not be dyed.
- Keep the water boiling for about 25/30 minutes, that’s 1800 times saying Mississippi.
- Take them out of the water and let them dry on a towel for a few minutes. Make sure that all excessive water is already gone (this will create spots).
Voila, your dyed wheels for your (electric) skateboard are now ready. Have fun and share some pictures in the comments or send them to our inbox.