SECTION 15 OF THIS AGREEMENT IS AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE THAT REQUIRES MOST DISPUTES BETWEEN US TO BE RESOLVED ON AN INDIVIDUAL, NON-CLASS ACTION BASIS THROUGH BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION INSTEAD OF IN COURT. SEE SECTION 15 FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE, AND HOW TO OPT OUT.
By accessing or using our website, or any other website with an authorised link to this Agreement (“Website”), registering an account or accessing or using any content, information, services, features or resources available or enabled via the Website (collectively, the “Services”), or clicking on a button or taking another action to signify your acceptance of this Agreement, you: (1) agree to be bound by this Agreement and any future amendments and additions to this Agreement as published through the Services; (2) represent you are of legal age in your jurisdiction of residence to form a binding contract; and (3) represent that you have the authority to enter into this Agreement personally and, if applicable, on behalf of any company, organisation or other legal entity on whose behalf you use the Services. Except as otherwise provided herein, if you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, you may not access or use the Services.
Your use of the Services is also subject to any additional terms, conditions and policies that we separately post on, or enter into with you with respect to, the Services (“Supplemental Terms”) which are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. To the extent there is any conflict between this Agreement and the Supplemental Terms, the Supplemental Terms will control with respect to the subject matter of such agreement.
Subject to Section 15.8 of this Agreement, Fatdaddy reserves the right to modify this Agreement or its policies relating to the Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement or any applicable Supplemental Terms on the applicable Services. You should regularly review this Agreement, as your continued use of the Services after any such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.
1. Registration.When registering an account for the Services (“Account”), you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information requested by the registration form (the “Registration Data”) and to promptly update the Registration Data thereafter as necessary. You represent that you are not barred from using the Services under any applicable law and that you will be responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to monitor your Account to restrict its use by minors and other unauthorised users and agree not to share your Account or password with anyone. You further agree to notify Fatdaddy immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or any other breach of the security of your Account and to exit from your Account at the end of each session. You agree not to create an Account using a false identity or alias or if you previously have been banned from using any of the Services. You further agree that you will not maintain more than one Account for the same Fatdaddy service at any given time. Fatdaddy reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason. You acknowledge and agree that you have no ownership or other property interest in your Account and that all rights in and to your Account are owned by and inure to the benefit of Fatdaddy.
2. Order Process.
2.1 Order Acceptance. Each part of any order that you submit to Fatdaddy constitutes an offer to purchase. If you do not receive a message from Fatdaddy confirming receipt of your order, please contact our Customer Service department through our website before re-entering your order. Fatdaddy’s confirmation of receipt of your order does not constitute Fatdaddy’s acceptance of your order. Fatdaddy is only deemed to have accepted your order once the product(s) you ordered have been shipped (the “Product”).
2.2 Order Issues. Although we strive to accept all valid orders, Fatdaddy reserves the right to deny any order for any reason, including if: (i) we discover an error in pricing and/or other information about the Product or receive insufficient or erroneous billing, payment, and/or shipping information, (ii) we suspect an order has been placed using stolen payment card information or otherwise appears to be connected to fraud, or (iii) the ordered Product is unavailable due to discontinuance or otherwise. We may also refuse any order that is connected with a previous payment dispute.
2.3 Order Cancellation. If any Product is discontinued or otherwise becomes unavailable, Fatdaddy reserves the right to cancel your order and provide you a refund for the amount paid for the Product.
2.4 Restrictions on Resale. To protect the intellectual property rights of Fatdaddy and its licensors and suppliers, any resale of Products for personal and/or business profit is strictly prohibited. Fatdaddy reserves the right to decline any order that we deem to possess characteristics of reselling.
3. Fees and Purchase Terms.
3.1 Payment. You agree to pay for all orders made from your Account in accordance with the prices and billing terms in effect at the time an order is made from your Account. You also agree to pay all applicable taxes. To make an order through the Services, you must provide valid payment information. By providing your payment information, you agree that Fatdaddy is authorised to immediately charge you and/or your Account for all fees and charges due and payable to Fatdaddy hereunder and that no additional notice or consent is required. You agree to immediately notify Fatdaddy of any change in your billing address, debit card, credit card, or other relevant payment account information. Fatdaddy uses Mollie. (“MOLLIE”) as a third-party service provider for payment services (e.g., credit card transaction processing, merchant settlement, and related services). By using the Services, you hereby consent and authorise Fatdaddy and Mollie to share any information and payment instructions you provide to complete your transactions. You agree to immediately notify Fatdaddy of any change in your payment information by sending an e-mail. Fatdaddy reserves the right at any time to change its prices and billing methods. Please contact us regarding any billing disputes.
3.2 Refunds. Except as set forth in any separate refund policy posted on the Services, all fees are non-refundable.
3.3 Discounts and Promo Codes. We may, in our sole discretion, create discounts and promotional codes that may be redeemed for credit in your Account, or other features or benefits, subject to any additional terms that we establish on a per promotional code basis (“Promo Codes”). Promo Codes may only be used once per person. Only Promo Codes sent to you through official Fatdaddy communications channels are valid. You agree that Promo Codes: (i) must be used for the intended audience and purpose, and in a lawful manner; (ii) may not be duplicated, sold, or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public (whether posted to a public forum or otherwise), unless expressly permitted by us; (iii) may be disabled by us at any time for any reason without liability to us; (iv) may only be used pursuant to the specific terms that we establish for such Promo Code; (v) are not redeemable for cash; and (vi) may expire prior to your use.
4. User Content.
4.1 Responsible Party for Content. You acknowledge that all content is the sole responsibility of the party from whom such content originated. This means that each User is entirely responsible for all content that that User makes available through the Services (“User Content”). Fatdaddy has no obligation to pre-screen any content. You use all User Content and interact with other Users at your own risk. Without limiting the foregoing, Fatdaddy reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any content. Fatdaddy shall have the right to remove any content that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable to Fatdaddy.
4.2 Ownership of Your Content. Fatdaddy does not claim ownership of any User Content you make available on the Services (“Your Content”). However, when you as a User post or publish Your Content on or in the Services, you represent that you have all of the necessary rights to grant Fatdaddy the license set forth below in Section 4.3. Except with respect to Your Content, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears on or in the Services.
4.3 License to Your Content. Subject to any applicable Account settings that you select, you grant Fatdaddy a right to use and display Your Content (in whole or in part) for its own business purposes, including without limitation, to operate and improve the Services, analyze Users’ use of the Services, and develop new products and services. Note that other Users may search for, see, use, modify and reproduce any of Your Content that you submit to any “public” area of the Services.
4.4 Other Restrictions on User Conduct. You agree not to use the Services for any purpose prohibited by this Agreement or by applicable law. You shall not (and shall not permit any third-party to) (a) take any action or (b) make available any content on or through the Services that: (i) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any person or entity; (ii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, or profane; (iii) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail; (iv) involves commercial activities and/or sales without Fatdaddy prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or (v) impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Fatdaddy. You may not send any unsolicited e-mail message, commercial or non-commercial, to any e-mail address you have gathered from the Services.
5. Feedback.You agree that your submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to Fatdaddy (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that Fatdaddy has no obligations with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to Fatdaddy the right to use any Feedback in any way at any time without any additional approval or compensation.
6. Ownership of and License to Use Services.
6.1 Use of the Services. Except with respect to User Content, Fatdaddy and its suppliers own all rights, title and interest in the Services. The Services are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws throughout the world. Subject to this Agreement, Fatdaddy grants you a limited license to use the Services solely for your personal non-commercial purposes. Any future release, update or other addition to the Services shall be subject to this Agreement. Fatdaddy, its suppliers and service providers reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement.
6.2 Trademarks. Fatdaddy stylised name and other related graphics, logos, trademarks, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with the Services are the property of Fatdaddy and may not be used without our written permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in the Services are the property of their respective owners. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright notice, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services.
7. Restrictions on Use of Services.The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit the Services or any portion of the Services; (b) you shall not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, service mark, logo or Services (including images, text, page layout or form) of Fatdaddy; (c) you shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using Fatdaddy’s name, service marks, or trademarks; (d) you shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Services except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) you shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from the Services (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (f) you shall not access the Services to build a similar or competitive website, application or service; (g) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; (h) you shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in the Services; (i) you shall not interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Services or use the Services in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement; and (j) you shall not attempt to harm our Services, including but not limited to, by violating or attempting to violate any related security features, introducing viruses, worms, or similar harmful code into the Services, or interfering or attempting to interfere with use of the Services by any other user, host or network, including by means of overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing”, or “crashing” the Services. Any unauthorized use of the Services terminates the licenses granted by Fatdaddy pursuant to this Agreement.
8. Third-Party Services.The Services may contain links to third-party services such as third party websites, applications, or ads (“Third-Party Links”). When you click on such a link, we will not warn you that you have left the Services. Fatdaddy does not control and is not responsible for Third-Party Links. Fatdaddy provides these Third-Party Links only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to them, or any content, products or services accessible through such links. Your use of all Third-Party Links is at your own risk.
9. Indemnification.You agree to indemnify and hold Fatdaddy, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners and licensors of each (collectively, the “Fatdaddy Indemnitees”) harmless from any damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any claims concerning: (a) Your Content; (b) your misuse of the Services; (c) your violation of this Agreement; (d) your violation of any rights of another party, including any Users; or (e) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Fatdaddy reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Fatdaddy in asserting any available defenses. This provision does not require you to indemnify any of the Fatdaddy Indemnitees for any unconscionable commercial practice by such party or for such party’s negligence, fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact. You agree that the provisions in this section will survive any termination of your Account, this Agreement or your access to the Services.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties and Conditions.YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ANY PRODUCTS OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE SERVICES AND ANY PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FATDADDY INDEMNITEES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARISING FROM THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. THE FATDADDDY INDEMNITEES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT: (1) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, AND DATA ON THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT; (3) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (4) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (5) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL NOT EXPOSE YOUR HARDWARE OR NETWORKS TO ADDITIONAL SECURITY RISK.
DESCRIPTIONS, IMAGES, REFERENCES, FEATURES, CONTENT, SPECIFICATIONS, PRODUCTS, PRICES, AND AVAILABILITY OF ANY PRODUCTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. OUR CURRENT PRICES CAN BE FOUND ON THE SERVICES. WE MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ACCURATELY DISPLAY THE ATTRIBUTES OF OUR PRODUCTS, INCLUDING THE APPLICABLE COLORS; HOWEVER, THE ACTUAL COLOR YOU SEE WILL DEPEND ON YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR COMPUTER WILL ACCURATELY DISPLAY SUCH COLORS. THE INCLUSION OF ANY PRODUCTS ON THE SERVICES AT A PARTICULAR TIME DOES NOT IMPLY OR WARRANT THAT THESE PRODUCTS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY TIME.
CERTAIN LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
11. Limitation of Liability.
11.1 Disclaimer of Certain Damages. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FATDADDY INDEMNITEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE OR FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES OR COSTS DUE TO LOSS OF DATA, PRODUCTION, OR USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT FATDADDY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11.2 Disclaimer of Third Party Conduct. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE FATDADDY INDEMNITEES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES ON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT ANY LIMITATION, ANY USERS OF THE SERVICES.
11.3 Cap on Liability. IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED ANY PRODUCTS FROM FATDADDY THROUGH THE SERVICES, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE AMOUNT THAT THE FATDADDY INDEMNITEES ARE LIABLE TO YOU EXCEED THE LESSER OF (A) THE TOTAL AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID TO FATDADDY BY YOU DURING THE SIX-MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE ACT, OMISSION OR OCCURRENCE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY OR (B) THE REMEDY OR PENALTY IMPOSED BY THE STATUTE OR REGULATION UNDER WHICH SUCH CLAIM ARISES. IF YOU HAVE NOT PURCHASED ANY PRODUCTS FROM FATDADDY THROUGH THE SERVICES, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE AMOUNT THAT THE FATDADDY INDEMNITEES ARE LIABLE TO YOU EXCEED ONE HUNDRED EURO (€100).
11.4 User Content and Settings. THE FATDADDY INDEMNITEES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY CONTENT, USER COMMUNICATIONS OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS.
11.5 Basis of the Bargain. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN FATDADDY AND YOU.
11.6 Exclusions. THE LAWS OF SOME COUNTRY DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MIGHT HAVE OTHER RIGHTS. IN ADDITION, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER OF PUNITIVE AND EXEMPLARY DAMAGES SHALL NOT APPLY TO USERS WHO RESIDE IN THE NETHERLANDS.
12. Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.If you believe content posted on the Services infringes your copyright rights, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of the location on the Services of the material that you claim is infringing; (4) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (5) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Correspondence to our Copyright Agent regarding notice of claims of copyright infringement should be addressed to Fatdaddy Office in Amsterdam.
13. Termination. At its sole discretion, Fatdaddy may modify or discontinue the Services, or may modify, suspend or terminate your access to the Services, for any reason, with or without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party. In addition to suspending or terminating your access to the Services, Fatdaddy reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal or injunctive redress. Even after your right to use the Services is terminated, this Agreement will remain enforceable against you and unpaid amounts you owe to Fatdaddy for Products purchased will remain due. Upon termination of this Agreement, all provisions which by their nature are intended to survive termination will survive, including without limitation, Sections 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16.
14. International Users.The Services are controlled and offered by Fatdaddy from its facilities in The Netherlands. Fatdaddy makes no representations that the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Services from other countries do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
15. Dispute Resolution.
Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with Fatdaddy, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, the “Fatdaddy Parties”) and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from the Fatdaddy Parties.
15.1 Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any dispute between you and any of the Fatdaddy Parties relating in any way to the Services, the Products, or this Agreement, will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (1) you and the Fatdaddy Parties may assert individualized claims in small claims court if the claims qualify, remain in such court and advance solely on an individual, non-class basis; and (2) you or the Fatdaddy Parties may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents). This Arbitration Agreement shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement and shall apply, without limitation, to all claims that arose or were asserted before the Effective Date of this Agreement or any prior version of this Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against the Fatdaddy Parties on your behalf.
15.2 Arbitration Rules and Forum. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to Fatdaddy. The arbitration will be conducted by Fatdaddy.
You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in The Netherlands where you live or at another mutually agreed location. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
15.3 Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes subject to arbitration hereunder including, without limitation, any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement and any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and the Fatdaddy Parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim or dispute. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual party under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and this Agreement (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which any award (or decision not to render an award) is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator shall follow the applicable law. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and the Fatdaddy Parties.
15.4 Waiver of Jury Trial. EXCEPT AS SPECIFIED IN SECTION 15.1, YOU AND THE FATDADDY PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and the Fatdaddy Parties are instead electing that all covered claims and disputes shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified in Section 15.1 above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow this Agreement as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
15.5 Waiver of Class or Other Non-Individualized Relief. BY ENTERING INTO THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, YOU AND EACH OF THE FATDADDY PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION UNDER THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS, COLLECTIVE OR REPRESENTATIVE BASIS. ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE FOR CLAIMS SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION UNDER THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, AND CLAIMS OF ONE USER OR PERSON CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH CLAIMS OF ANY OTHER USER OR PERSON. If applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this Section 15.5’s limitations as to a given claim for relief, then the applicable claim must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought into the state or federal courts located in California in accordance with Section 16.5. All other claims shall be arbitrated.
15.6 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending a timely written notice of your decision, within 14 days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address and a clear statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of this Agreement will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have with us, or may enter into in the future with us.
15.7 Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement or your relationship with Fatdaddy.
15.8 Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if Fatdaddy makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, you may reject that change within thirty (30) days of such change becoming effective by writing Fatdaddy.
16. General Provisions.
16.1 Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Fatdaddy use electronic means, whether you visit the Services or send Fatdaddy e-mails, or whether Fatdaddy posts notices on the Services or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from Fatdaddy in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications and documents that Fatdaddy provides to you electronically will have the same legal effect that such communications or documents would have if they were set forth in “writing.” The foregoing sentence does not affect your statutory rights.
16.2 Assignment. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without Fatdaddy prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
16.3 Force Majeure. Fatdaddy shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
16.4 Questions, Complaints, Claims. If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Services, please contact our customer service department using the contact information available on the Services. We will do our best to address your concerns.
16.5 Exclusive Venue. To the extent the parties are permitted under this Agreement to initiate litigation in a court, both you and Fatdaddy agree that all claims and disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement that are not brought in a small claims court pursuant to Section 15.1 will be litigated exclusively in the state courts in San Francisco County, California or federal courts located in the Northern District of California.
16.6 Governing Law. THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY ACTION RELATED THERETO WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE NETHERLANDS.
16.7 Notice. Where Fatdaddy requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Fatdaddy with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Fatdaddy is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/permitted by this Agreement, Fatdaddy dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to Fatdaddy. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Fatdaddy by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
16.8 Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
16.9 Severability. Subject to Section 15.5, if any portion of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
16.10 Export Control. You may not use, export, import, or transfer the Services except as authorized by Dutch law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained the Services, and any other applicable laws. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a embargo, or that has been designated as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use the Services for any purpose prohibited by Dutch law.
16.11 Consumer Complaints. You may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Dutch Department of Consumer Affairs.
16.12 Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.